All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Psalm 143:5

"I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all that you have done;
I ponder the work of your hands."


Today I turn 24 years old and I can hardly believe it.  So much has happened in those 24 years that I could spend all day reflecting on it, but even though I've been alive for 24 years, I've only been living for 3.

It all means nothing without Jesus.

In the 3 years that I've known Him, I've learned and grown more than the previous 21 years combined.  When I consider the work he's done in me, how through everything he has lead me to this point, I am amazed. In a certain sense I believe in free will, but I also believe in destiny.  Everything that's happened in my life has happened so that I might know Christ.  The same is true for everyone.

Now every new day is an adventure.  Everyday there is something new to learn or discover or experience and I am just happy to be able to enjoy it while I last.  Truly if not for Christ's suffering I would have no freedom to live and love life.

So here I am free to do whatever I love, but the only thing I could ever want to do is love Christ.  How could I not?  He has never betrayed me!

So here's to one more year serving in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment