All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ezekiel 37:14


"I will put my Spirit within you and you shall live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."

    God's promises to us are as good as done. Because of the nature of Hebrew language, the same verse could be translated as "I have spoken and I have done it". God's track record on his promises has been impeccable and his word is powerful. With only a word ("Let there be…") he spoke everything into existence. With only a word, He healed the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:15-24).

    And we know that in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God (John 1). And we also know of this Word made flesh who dwelt among us, the same Word with power and authority to act, to call what is nonexistent as it existed. (Rom 4:17)

    And it is this same Word which dwells within us that we might live. This same Word that brings life where there once was only death. The Word that makes these dry bones live again. All this so that the entire world may know that He is the LORD of Hosts, creator of all that is seen and unseen. This is the Word God has spoken and surely has done. We have his Word on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment