All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

John 15:13

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

 Someone once asked me what it means that I loved them.  I thought about it for a second and this was my reply:

"It means that I would do anything for you, even if it hurt me."

Indeed the deepest and truest love is self-sacrificial in nature.  It gives of itself and never expects return.  It is crazy love, the kind of thing that makes you do all sorts of things you otherwise would never dream of doing.  What's crazier is that when Jesus says this, he is only foreshadowing his own death for his friends.  And while we were still enemies (Rom 5:10), he called us friends! (John 15:15)

God would do anything for us, even if it hurt him, even if it cost him his one and only beloved Son.  He paid the price anyway because of his love, he knew it would all be worth it in the end.  Oh how he loves us!  It's a love that overlooks all of our faults and failures and sees only us.  God is crazy to love us because he is crazy in love with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment