All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Isaiah 41:9-10

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

A passage originally intended for the chosen people of Israel is now extended to all believers by the power of atoning work of Jesus Christ.  It is in this act that God has chosen to be for us that nothing may be against us.  God is free to be any sort of God he likes to be, and in his freedom He has chosen to be our God.  Because god is holy he has called out from the farthest corners a people for himself (what once was Israel and now is the Church) to be a nation of priests and servants.

And so it is that if God has chosen to be for you and your good, who can stop him?  Who can stop the Almighty One from doing what he wants to do?  No one, and that is good news indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment