All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

John 14:27; 16:33

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid... I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble, but take heart!  I have overcome the world."


To be able to have peace when the entire world around you in is chaos is completely profound.  With the disasters in Japan and the uprisings in Africa, the entire world seems to be in turmoil.  And yet, it's always been like this since the Fall of Man.  There was no peace in the land for we were enemies of God and the only fleeting periods of peace occurred when there was only one dominant power in the world (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Greece, Rome, etc) and even then peace only followed conquest.

And that is what the Lord did.  He conquered the world (and with it sin and death) in order to establish his eternal reign and he did it through non-violence, through humbling himself unto death on a cross.  Jesus is Lord and through him we enjoy peace for he is the Prince of Peace.  Whereas peace was temporary and suffering was eternal, now suffering is but fleeting and peace is forever. So do not seek enmity with God, but be reconciled through the blood of Jesus. It's completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment