All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Psalm 91:14-16

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him;  I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."


Within these three verses, God promises to do six things all for one reason: "Because he loves me." How wonderfully abundant is God's love for us!  I wish every single one of us could love each other the way Christ loves us all the time.  You don't need to be married to practice this sort of love, although marriage is a perfect opportunity to learn how to love like this (truly you don't marry someone because you're in love, but because you want to love).

And what does our love for God look like?  Right from the text, we see a synonymous structure in verse 14.  We can relate the phrase "because he loves me" with "for he acknowledges my name".  We know what his name is, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to which every knee shall bow and every tongue confess.  To know his name is to know his reputation which saves us.  It is his salvation to give to us and his alone for salvation belongs to our God.

When we acknowledge Jesus is Lord, that He has authority in our lives, only then can we say we love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment