All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Galatians 2:20

" I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."


It is absolutely absurd as a Christian to insist on living your own life.  It is as absurd as a freed man who continues to live in prisons or a blind man given sight who continues to keep his eyes closed.  So many people are deceived with the notion that they can be a Christian and still be themselves and live out their lives the way they want to.  They do not count the cost and are not able to finish what they have started.

Christianity isn't easy.  When you confess faith in Christ and are baptized, what you in fact are agreeing to is a complete death to self, that is, a signing over of your rights to live as you see fit.  You no longer have that luxury of doing as you please, but you willingly submit yourself to the authority of Christ.  He becomes that power which dictates how you live your life.

We no longer live, but Christ who lives eternally lives in us so that we may have everlasting life to the fullest.  Such grace is worth more than anything we could give but is given freely to all who believe. So be transformed in your resurrection with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment