All of these devotionals are the result of my own personal reflection on God's word. If you find these devotionals helpful, please subscribe and share them! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Isaiah 48:10-11

"See , I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.  For my own sake, for my own sake I do this.  How can I let myself be defamed?  I will not yield my glory to another."


It is the popular thing to do in the Christian life to blame it all of Satan when troubles come.  This is an egregious mistake.  Though Satan seeks to devour us, not all affliction comes from him.  Satan's only aim is to watch us suffer.  He delights in our pains, however those who are strong in the Lord are already victorious.

However, is it beyond God to punish us, that we might repent?  To afflict us, that we may seek him more?  It is a dangerous delusion to pretend God is only "love" as we define how we are to be loved.  God will NOT be boxed by our conceptions of Him.  As a parent will discipline their child, how much more will the Lord discipline us?  How much more will we be afflicted if we stray?

God's love is wild and unpredictable.  If we continue to ignore affliction from God and blame it all on Satan, we will fail to repent.  Naturally, Satan is more than happy to take all the blame if it means God cannot discipline you.  God will not share his glory with another.  Satan has no power in your life, so do not underestimate God. Do not make a personal God.

No comments:

Post a Comment